The contoured keyboard was designed to reduce the known risk factors associated with repetitive stress disorders as well as to provide a more comfortable platform than other keyboards.the contoured design allows for a more natural placement of your arms and hands minimizing awkward postures. Narrow footprint keeps your mouse close at hand, reducing extension.
- Separate thumb keypads - includes often used keys such as "Enter", "Space", "Backspace", "Delete", and the combination of keys "Control" and "Alt" on PC ("Command" and "Option" on Mac). This redistributes the workload from your relatively weaker and overused little fingers to stronger thumbs.
- Separate key wells for each hand - separation minimizes strain and stretching by positioning your arms approximately at shoulder width and with wrists straight. This design reduces common symptoms experienced with repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis.
- Concave key wells - reduce hand and finger extension. Extension occurs when the joints in your fingers curl up and extend forward from your hands rather than relaxing down slightly in the direction of the palms. A flat typing surface assumes that your fingers are all of the same length, thus your longer fingers must arch up over the keys. The result is extension of the muscles and tendons in your hands. Your muscles do not operate at maximum efficiency and the result is more rapid muscle fatigue. Concave key wells reduce extension by accommodating the various lengths of your fingers and placing your hands and fingers in a more relaxed and neutral position.
- Vertical key layout - keys are arranged in vertical columns to reflect natural motions of your fingers, and the keypads are sculpted and concave to fit the varying lengths of your fingers.
- Closer placement of function keys - soft-touch function keys are positioned closer to the alphanumeric keys to reduce awkward motions and stretches, particularly for key combinations involving thumb keys (Control and Alt, for example).
- 20-degree lateral tilt design - places your hands so that your thumbs are positioned approximately 20 degrees higher than pinky fingers. This design helps to minimize stresses associated with pronation and static muscle tension while enabling maximum keying productivity.
- Integral palm support - palm support with optional self-adhesive pads enhances comfort and reduces stressful extension of your wrist. This provides a place to rest your hands while they are not actively keying.
- Low-force, tactile key switches - low-force, mechanical key switches are engineered to provide both tactile and audible feedback. Their long travel (4 mm), with activation at approximately 2 mm and 45 grams of force, reduces the jarring impact of "hitting bottom".
- Embedded 10-key layout - a traditional numeric (10-key) keypad is embedded into the right alphanumeric keywell, which provides ergonomic advantages for number-intensive operations. The 10-key legends are located on the front edge of the key caps. The 10-key can also be programmed to operate from the left keywell.
- Key re-mapping - individual keys can be re-mapped or copied to other key locations. As a result, you can customize the keyboard's operation for your personal use to reduce stressful reaches and establish an optimal hand workload.
- Macro programmable - up to 48 macros can be programmed and stored in the keyboards on-board memory. Great for eliminating awkward key combinations or for individuals that type the same word or phrase repeatedly.
- Smaller footprint - the overall width of the contoured keyboard is reduced to only 16-5/8" x 8-1/8" x 3" making it much smaller than a traditional keyboard. The smaller footprint allows closer placement of any pointing device reducing over-reach issues.
Available for delivery in United States only.
Advantage2 uses generic HID (human interface device) drivers provided by the operating system. It can be operated and programmed without any special drivers in most environments supporting USB devices, including the following operating systems with an available USB port:
- Windows 10, Windows 8 & Windows 7
- Mac OS 8.6 and higher
The Advantage2 is shipped from the factory configured for Windows. Users can instantly change the configuration to a Mac or Non-Windows PC layout.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.