Complete on-screen keyboard solution for people who have difficulty using their hands or speaking, but are able to use a mouse or other pointer. Loaded with features to help write, access information and the internet, communicate, learn and dynamically interact with others. Individuals that can use a single switch or two switches, can type using one of the keyboards in "scanning" mode.
Features many keyboard layouts including some game keyboards. Customize almost every keyboard for individual needs or preference. Customization is quick and easy with Hot Authoring.
Full-featured word prediction makes entering text quicker, easier, and more accurate.
- Display pictures and text on keys while producing sound or speech when you aim at or click on them
- Create different types of keyboards from standard QWERTY layouts to layouts you have originated
- Attach macros to keys to control windows functions or to type special keystroke combinations
Integrated word prediction saves keystrokes by watching what is typed from the hardware or on-screen keyboard and presenting word choices, based on what has been typed so far, and which words are used the most often.
- Four dictionary levels to suit your education level
- Full customization of font, size, and color
- Caret tracking (when word prediction is in “floating” mode
- New words are easily added to your user dictionary
- Customizable dictionaries – build your own dictionary from a text file
Click Assist can help with mouse click or switch more accurately. Helps double-clicking or dragging, or with making clear, well-defined clicks, make extra clicks. Can help by massaging the kinds of clicks performed into a single click that the computer will understand.
Allows "filtering" out unwanted clicks, making it possible to point and click where you might not have been able to before.
Provides a way for individuals to perform clicks, double-clicks and drags using a single click, helping users who need a little assistance in clicking their mouse.
In addition, REACH provides auditory feedback and speech output while scanning to help low vision users who are scanning. While the rows are being offered, you can have customized cues read out loud to help the user keep track of where they are - for example, it might say "e;row 1, row 2, ..., "e; or "letters a to e, letters f to j, ..., etc.,). While the keys are being offered, or while items in a "e;Smart List"e; are being offered, REACH can be set to speak the contents of the key or list option.
- Single, dual, and inverse-single switch scanning options
- Auditory scanning capabilities with customizable speech output
- Intelligent row stepping – no automatic repeating of a row when you miss a key unless you want to
- accidentally entered a row, holding your switch allows you to immediately leave that row, saving you a lot of time
- accidentally missed a key while in the right row, holding your switch allows you to leave that row immediately
- accidentally clicked the wrong key, holding your switch removes (undoes) the wrong letter that was just typed
- accidentally clicked the wrong word in word prediction, holding your switch removes (undoes) all of the wrong letters just typed
If the user can point a mouse cursor on the screen but has trouble clicking, then REACH can click, double-click, or drag. It watches the mouse movements, waits for a certain adjustable period of time, and then clicks. Set up the dwell time to suit specific needs. For dwell time, it uses a 'ready', 'set', 'go' approach. User can control amount of time delay wanted for each of the three stages.
- Windows 10, 8, 7
- Pentium IV or better
- 75 MB hard drive space
- 256 MB RAM (1 GB or more is best)
- Sound card to play speech and sound files
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.