The pen displays scanned text in large characters, reads the scanned words aloud and spells words letter-by-letter. It reads any printed material; use it with books, magazines, and newspapers. Navigate easily with the icon-based menus and use the virtual keyboard to edit scanned text or to add words manually.
- Displays up to five lines of text on a high resolution touch-screen.
- Scans single words or full lines of text.
- Displays selected word in large font to enable easier, clearer viewing.
- Displays definitions, synonyms and translations of the scanned text on the LCD screen.
- Spells out scanned words, highlighting individual letters.
- Displays syllabic division of selected word or phrasal verb (most products).
- Audio word pronunciation with text-to-speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
- USB connectivity enabling transfer of text to the Pen from the PC. Transferred text can be read aloud and words can be defined using the installed dictionaries.
- History option enabling review of the last 80 looked up words.
- Ability to download the History list to the PC for further review.
- Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points - up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
- Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
- Virtual keyboard for manual word insertion or text editing (using the included stylus).
- Auto-complete function when inserting words using the virtual keyboard.
- Interactive games for practicing and enhancing vocabulary using the reviewed words list (History) or entire dictionary list (not available in all products).
- Right/left handed support.
- Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.
- Operates with two 1.5V AAA Alkaline batteries
- CPU: ARM 7 TDMI, 16 bit, 80 MHz
- RAM: 64K x 16 bit
- ROM: 4MB minimum
- Socket for flash memory: 4MB/8MB/16MB
- Keypad: Navigation Switch (Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right); Push Buttons (Power/ESC)
- Optical Scanner: 128 pixels linear array image sensor; 400 DPI resolution
- Display: Touch screen monochromatic FSTN; 208 x 65 resolution; 2.4" x 0.8"
- Power: Two 1.5V AAA Alkaline batteries
- Audio: Built-in speaker, earphone socket (on most products)
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.