Skoog makes music truly accessible to everyone. Anyone unable to play traditional instruments can join an orchestra or band and take part in a range of music-making activities. Skoog’s adjustable sensitivity and easy integration make it perfect for inclusive music activity.
Skoog can expand the potential of music therapy for young children with cerebral palsy, autism, Down’s Syndrome, and other developmental delays by offering hands-on opportunities to create and control sound expressively. Skoog’s sensory-friendly tactile nature helps in developing new skills and promoting physical interaction with technology. For instance, Skoog’s immediate sensory input can motivate young people with autism to explore more functions.
Skoog is an instrument that is truly inclusive. For many people with disabilities one of the greatest barriers to making music is the dexterity required to play a more traditional musical instrument. Skoog removes that barrier.
As well as being physically accessible, Skoog’s simple design combined with the software features enables those with learning difficulties to make and play music with peers without the need to learn traditional music theory. The ability to create and control musical sounds is also beneficial for a range of therapies and multi-sensory learning.
Students can compose and perform their own music without the need for keyboard, guitar, or other traditional instrumental skills. They can poke, squeeze, and press Skoog and it provides physical stimulation and acoustic feedback that plays instruments on the connected device. Automatic key-detection in the Skoog app also lets anyone “jam” along with favorite songs.
Skoog is equipped with adjustable sensitivity to suit a wide range of physical abilities. The multi-dimensional tactile technology opens a variety of playing options using different body parts. Skoog has a tactile orientation marker and is specially designed to work with a suction mount.
Fully compatible with Windows and Mac as well as iPad and iPhone Connects to PC or Mac via USB or to iPad via Bluetooth. Requires iOS 7 or later, or Mac OS X v10.6 or later. Compatible with GarageBand using multitasking in iOS and with a range of MIDI music App. Includes Skoog 2.0 tactile music interface, micro USB cable, and Quick Start Guide.
Skoog Mount with dual suction cup base provide strong, secure mounting in easily accessible positions. The cradle securely holds Skoog steady while being used.
- Multi-dimensional tactile sensor technology allows play using the buttons, faces, edges or corners, opening a range of playing options using different body parts
- Tactile orientation marker helps those with visual impairments to navigate the Skoog interface
- Adjustable sensitivity accommodates a wide range of physical abilities
- Tactile orientation marker helps those with visual impairments to navigate Skoog interface
- Built-in guided access mode to hide on-screen menus and enable users to focus on playing
- Suitable for MLD, SLD and PMD, students with global delay, genetic conditions such as Down’s Syndrome, sensory impairments, physical/medical problems and those with Autism
- Connects wirelessly to iPad using the free Skoog app and Bluetooth
Lightweight and portable, easy to set up and use. 5.12”L x 5.12”W x 5.91”H, 1.3 lbs.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.