Check items to add to the cart or select all
Lightweight, air-filled vest applies therapeutic, hug-like pressure to help relieve anxiety, encourage calming and self-regulation. Provides a pleasant, secure, and safe feeling.
Firm pressure to the torso helps to relieve anxiety as well as increase focus and attention, and is especially effective for individuals with high levels of anxiety, stress, or with sensory disorders.
Unique design easily inflates to just the right amount of evenly distributed compression that the wearer needs. Pressure can be controlled and adjusted with more or less inflation. When not inflated, the vest sits loosely around the body without adding pressure. Not made with natural rubber latex.
Includes easy to us hand pump with safety valve, which limits the maximum pressure level and allows full pressure control. Squeeze the pump to inflate the vest and deflate the vest by pressing the air release button. Pump release valve allows the vest to remain inflated when the pump is removed.
Easily slips on over a t-shirt or under a coat. Even when inflated, it maintains a thin, discreet profile, barely visible when worn under a sweater or shirt. Give users the sensation of pressure they want, without drawing unwanted attention in public situations.
Unlike weighted vests or weighted blankets, no weights are used, making it comfortable to wear all day long and be used where ever and whenever it is needed.
- Velcro adjustable straps Adjustable straps on both sides of the vest ensure a good fit for different body shapes. When not inflated, the vest sits loosely around the wearer’s body and does not apply pressure.
- Thin profile
Even when inflated the pressure vest maintains a thin, discreet profile so it will be barely visible when worn under a sweater or shirt. For some users this is important as they are able to receive the sensation of pressure they want, without drawing unwanted attention in public situations.
- Zip garage The vest has soft edging and a fabric garage for the zip hanger to prevent irritation to the skin.
- Ventilation holes
Small holes throughout the vest allow for ventilation.
- Pump with safety valve
The hand pump is robust, simple to use and allows getting exactly the amount of pressure desired. The pump has a built-in safety valve, which limits the maximum pressure level of the vest and allows user to have full pressure control.
- Pump release valve Every vest comes with a pump release valve. It allows the vest to remain inflated when the hand pump is removed. Which is important for some users who can find the pump distracting.
|Child, XXS||20” – 26”||20” – 26”|
(32” with extension strap)
|3’7” – 4’5”||5 – 7 years|
|Child, XS||24” – 30”||24” – 30” |
(36” with extension strap)
|4’1” – 4’11”||8 – 10 years|
|Small||28” – 36”||28” – 36” |
(42” with extension straps)
|4’11” – 5’7”||Teen/Adult|
|Medium||32” – 40”||32” – 40” |
(48” with extension strap)
|5’3” – 6’1”||Teen/Adult|
|Large||36” – 44”||36” – 44” |
(52” with extension straps)
|5’7” – 6’3”||Teen/Adult|
Special features of Kids vests (sizes XXS, XS):
- Safety valve
A second safety valve which limits the maximum achievable pressure level.
- Velcro adjustable shoulder straps
In addition to the side straps the kids vest have adjustable shoulder straps. These enable a good fit across the upper body for young children.
- Pocket to store valve
When the pump is detached the pump release valve can be stored neatly in the side pocket.
Special features of Teen/Adult vests (sizes S, M, L):
- Inflatable front
The small, medium, and large vests have both an inflatable front and back.
- Elastic parts
Elastic strips run along the sides of the vest, allowing movement, even when the vest is inflated so that the wearer may breathe comfortably.
- Zip inside a Squease hoodie
These sizes are designed to fit perfectly inside a Squease hooded top, combining the two items into one garment.
- calm down when feeling upset, stressed, anxious or sensory overloaded
- deal with rising tension and frustration
- reduce complex behavior
- fall asleep more quickly
- improve body awareness
- reduce sensitivity to sensory input
- improve concentration
- be more comfortable in stimulus-rich environments
- ease transitions between activities
- participate in social situations
- Deep pressure is the application of firm pressure on the body allowing the central nervous system to better interpret the information received via the senses. Everyone has a natural need for safety, security and comfort. The soothing effect of deep pressure is nothing new. Think of the effect of a firm hug when you are upset or the swaddling of restless babies. Individuals with sensory processing differences, who often feel restless or anxious, can greatly benefit from deep pressure. It helps calm and soothe an over-stimulated or ‘anxious’ nervous system and provides a safe and protected feeling.
Deep pressure has a regulatory effect on sensory processing and alertness. It has a calming and soothing effect on overstimulation and can increase alertness and concentration when someone is understimulated. This can allow you to better cope with stress and overstimulation, reduce meltdowns, improve concentrate and fall asleep quicker. The regulating effect can last up to 1 – 2 hours after the pressure has been applied.
What is the difference between a weighted vest and Squease vest?
- Squease provides deep pressure on the upper body, similar to weighted vests. However Squease uses air pressure instead of weights. The vest is simply inflated by squeezing a hand pump, allowing the user to specify and regulate the amount of deep pressure to their personal needs. Working with air instead of weights makes the vest nice and light, foldable, discreet and easy to carry, so you have it at hand when needed.
Is the pressure vest just for people with autism or ADHD?
- The pressure vest is not only suitable for people with Autism or ADHD. People without these diagnoses can just as well benefit from a pressure vest, for example if you often feel restless, have problems concentrating, have panic attacks or trouble falling asleep.
- Do you often become restless or stressed by all the (sensory) stimuli you have to process?
- Are you easily distracted and do you have problems focusing?
- Are you having trouble falling asleep because there are still a lot of thoughts buzzing in your mind?
- Do you find it hard to feel the boundaries of your own body?
- Do you find it difficult to make transitions between different activities?
- Are you often looking for a firm pressure on your body (e.g. firm hugs, lay underneath heavy things, wear tight clothing)?
Who may benefit from a pressure vest?
- Kids, teenagers, and adults with sensory processing difficulties could benefit from using a Squease pressure vest. People who like being held firmly, seek deep pressure and those who currently use products such as weighted vests may also like wearing a Squease vest.
Can I wear the vest underneath my own clothing?
- The vest can be easily worn underneath your own clothing. Even when inflated the pressure vest maintains a thin, discreet profile so it will be barely visible when you wear it under a sweater or shirt. Once you have inflated the vest, you can disconnect the pump so that the pump is no longer visible. You may find it more comfortable to wear your Squease pressure vest over a thin shirt.
Can you overinflate the vest?
- It is not possible to over inflate the Squease vest with a Squease hand pump. For the safety of the user, the hand pump has a built-in valve, which limits the maximum pressure level the vest can be inflated to. The Squease Kids vests have a second safety valve built into the vest to ensure a safe pressure limit is not exceeded. DO NOT inflate the pressure vest with any device other than pumps supplied by the Squease manufacturer.
Does the pressure vest affect your breathing?
- The pressure vest is designed in such a way that it will not obstruct your breathing. The Squease pressure vest puts pressure on the upper body, which makes you more aware of your breathing. In that way Squease encourages you to breathe from “the stomach” rather than the chest.
How long do I keep the vest inflated?
- For the best results inflate the pressure vest for up to 20 minutes at a time and then deflate it for a minimum of 20 minutes before inflating it again. You may prefer to have the pressure applied for shorter or longer periods of time. Experiment with the duration of applying pressure to determine an optimal length of time for you. If you find that you want to keep your vest inflated for longer than 20 minutes – for example for the duration of a longer stress-inducing activity – you will not experience any harm in keeping the vest inflated for a longer period.
What is the difference between the kids and teens/adults sized vests?
- The kids vests and the vests for teenagers and adults have a different model.
- The model for children in sizes XXS and XS has a fabric front panel and an inflatable rear panel, a second safety valve and is adjustable on the sides and over the shoulders.
- The model for teenagers and adults in the sizes small, medium and large, is adjustable in the sides, has an inflatable front and rear panel and can be zipped into a matching Squease hooded top.
Before cleaning the vest, disconnect the hand pump with the pump release valve so that no water can accidentally get into the vest.
The pressure vest can be wiped with a damp cloth or hand washed with mild soap in cold-lukewarm water. Air-dry in a shaded place.
DO NOT machine wash or tumble dry.
DO NOT wash with detergent, solvents or hot water.
DO NOT dry clean or iron.
DO NOT hang garment on radiators, expose to flame or use artificial heat to dry.
DO NOT stitch through or make alterations to the pressure vest.
DO NOT sew, stitch or mend.
Keep away from sharp objects.
How to clean Squease extension straps
The extension straps can be wiped with a damp cloth or hand washed with mild soap in cold-lukewarm water. Air-dry in a shaded place.
How to clean Squease hand pump and air tubing
The pump and air tubing can be wiped clean with micro fiber cloth.
DO NOT submerge the pump in water.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.