New Control Panel – Clear, easy to see, easy to learn. The updated SuperNova control panel magnifies beautifully with no pixilation, so it’s always perfectly crisp and easy on the eye.
New ‘Media’ tab - SuperNova’s most unique entertainment, Scan & Read and Book access features have been brought together under a new Media tab.
Quick Scan & Read – read instantly from your camera, scanner or clipboard with a single keypress.
Orbit 20 Braille Reader support – supporting affordable braille from National Federation of the Blind, Perkins School for the Blind, and Sightsavers.
UEB Braille Improvements for Foreign Characters - Students using Unified English Braille (UEB) that are learning a foreign language have support for foreign accents.SuperNova Magnifier's crystal clear magnification enlarges documents and apps up to 64 times. Choose from a range of color schemes to reduce glare and maximize comfort while reading.
- Get started quickly with: Setup Wizard and CAPS+F1 Help
- Crystal Clear Magnifier enlarges everything on screen up to 60 times
- Touch screen magnification
- Color schemes reduce glare and maximize reading comfort
- Hundreds of mainstream Office, web browser and leisure apps supported
- Synchronized visual highlighting, never lose your cursor or mouse pointer
- Easy to press hotkeys for reading the screen or changing settings on the fly
- Multiple monitor support for multitasking, delivering presentations or working closely with colleagues
Get Started Quickly
SuperNova comes with everything you need to get you up and running right away. The Setup Wizard walks you through the most commonly changed SuperNova settings. Choose your magnification, visual, speech, Braille, start-up, control panel and keyboard preferences. You can skip steps or go back at any time. The wizard runs automatically the first time you launch SuperNova. You can also call the Setup Wizard any time from the SuperNova Help menu. CAPS+F1 Help menu provides convenient access to detailed descriptions of completing tasks in popular applications such as Microsoft Office and on the web. In addition CAPS+F1 includes hotkeys, links to web resources, Windows Basics, SuperNova Manual and Notes.
Back to Top
Crystal Clear Magnifier
Enlarges documents and apps on screen up to 60-times. 8 magnifier views keep documents and apps in perspective. You can show magnification full screen, split screen and fixed window or as a movable magnifying glass. The rest of the screen shows the original unmagnified application to keep context clear. The magnifier view can be resized and repositioned so you can quickly and easily control where on screen the magnifier appears.
Magnifies text images and controls from 1.2 all the way up to 60-times. And because everyone's eyesight is different, magnification comes in 28 sizes so you can find a perfect fit. Zoom in and out as much as you need with a touch of a key, spin of the mouse wheel or by clicking buttons on screen.
8 magnifier views keep documents and apps in perspective. You can show magnification full screen, split screen and fixed window or as a movable magnifying glass. The rest of the screen shows the original unmagnified application to keep context clear. The magnifier view can be resized and repositioned so you can quickly and easily control where on screen the magnifier appears.
- Full Screen fills the whole of your computer screen with a magnified portion of the actual screen. Where ever you move on screen using your keyboard or mouse, the magnified image seamlessly follows on screen.
- Fixed Window magnifies a region of the real screen in a small static window. You can control how big your fixed window is and where it fixed on the screen using the magnification modification mode.
- Split Screen View splits your screen into two rectangular areas. One is magnified at a size to suits you and the other remains unmagnified. You can choose to view a top split, right split, left split or bottom split screen. You can also control the relative size of each of these areas quickly and easily using magnification modification mode.
- Magnifying Glass View closely simulates the effect that you would get if you held a real magnifying glass in front of the screen. Perfect for mouse users, the Magnifying Glass View allows you to move a magnified rectangle over the unmagnified screen. You can control the physical size of your magnifying glass using the magnification modification mode and the magnification size that it displays form 1.25x to 60x.
- Resizing Glass View tracks where ever you are on the screen, automatically resizing itself to the current focus. The Resizing Glass View is perfect for keyboard users, working especially well with applications such as Internet Explorer and Firefox, magnifying links and headings one at a time.
Automatic tracking magnifies the action so you can see what you are doing at all times. As you move your mouse pointer, type in text, or tab between links - magnifier follows seamlessly so you can always see where you are working.
Control the magnifier with simple keystrokes. Jump to: edges, corners or the centre of the original screen. You can save and restore your magnified position, or reserve a special hooked area to keep a close eye on the clock, document word count or spread sheet formula bar. And you can hide hooked areas with a hotkey so they only appear when you want them.
SuperNova's True Font technology looks beautifully smooth even on the largest displays. True Fonts effortlessly magnify: Direct 2D applications such as Internet Explorer, non-standard aspect ratios and vertical or diagonal text.
Mouse pointers which are easy to see but keep out your way. Choose from 4 popular mouse pointer color schemes or create your own scheme to make the mouse pointer easy to see. You can set the pointer size independent of your magnification level so your text is never hidden by the mouse. With over 200 pointer images included, your mouse pointer has never been so flexible.
Line view smoothly scrolls documents and web pages across a single line so you can sit back and enjoy reading without the distraction of screen clutter. With Line View, you can set the font, colors and scrolling speed to suit your sight. Press SPACE to pause and resume scrolling, and use the ARROW keys to fast forward or rewind.
Doc Reader reflows your documents and web pages in a dedicated window made for reading. With the click of a button, SuperNova uses your choice of: font, colours and line length. Ideal for simplifying the appearance of busy documents. Press play and Doc Reader will speak aloud your text highlighting each sentence as it goes.
Back to Top
Touch Screen Magnification
People with low vision can easily access tablets and touch screen laptops with SuperNova. Only one finger is needed to pan SuperNova’s magnifier around documents and apps.Pinch and stretch with two fingers to change the amount of magnification in any app. Tap with three fingers to change colours and find more magnifier options. When you need to type on screen, SuperNova displays a high contrast large print keyboard that is easy to see.
Back to Top
Choose from 24 color schemes each designed to reduce glare and maximize your comfort while reading. Each has a careful balance of color, brightness and contrast to ensure total clarity, while reducing eye strain. Alter the appearance of colors on your screen, preserving your original document colors for printing. Or make your own scheme by adjusting brightness, contrast or color tint. Color Replace can swap colors to show only the shades you recognize, making reading web pages easy again.
Back to Top
Hundreds of Applications Supported
Hundreds of mainstream Windows applications magnified and Brailled instantly. Designed to work with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Skype, and many more.
Back to Top
Synchronized Visual Highlighting
Highlighting shows your place at a glance. Distinctive shapes and colours draw attention to the mouse pointer, cursor, word, line, Windows focus and Dolphin Cursor so you or a sighted colleague or trainer can easily see where in your application you are working.
Highlighting is ideal for anyone who loses their place, or teaches or trainers wanting to see at a glance where students are working. Highlighting can be toggled off and on with a hotkey or click of a button.
6 carefully balanced highlighting schemes are included to draw attention to where the action is on screen. Make your own focus highlighting scheme selecting shape, color, tint, size, when the highlight is shown and level of transparency.
Back to Top
Easy to Press Hotkeys
SuperNova lets you do just about anything with a hotkey. Change a magnification setting, speak something from the screen, perform a mouse click or create your own customized action. Change hotkey settings to best match your keyboard and experience.
Easy to press. SuperNova's default desktop hotkey set makes use of the Numpad so you have a dedicated area of the keyboard for status bar, where am I information and others.
Alternative hotkey layouts are included for laptops and to emulate traditional screen readers or screen magnifiers. If you are already a screen reader user or trainer, you can use existing hotkey knowledge to operate SuperNova. Choose your keyboard preferences in the Setup Wizard or from the SuperNova Control panel General Menu.
Back to Top
Multiple Monitor Support
Get more done with multiple monitors. Magnify on one, two or as many displays as required. Multi-task with each magnified document on separate screens; project presentations original size to sighted audiences keeping speaker notes magnified on your laptop; work closely with a trainer or colleague who can follow a clone of your display.
Side by Side works with the Windows Extended Desktop to show each application magnified on separate screens, so you never run out of desktop space. Designed for magnification users who need to keep track of simultaneous tasks. Keep an eye on incoming messages on one monitor, prepare your documents on a second, and have a web browser or spread sheet opened on a third. The number of monitors and which applications go where is entirely up to you. Each application is tracked separately so you don't lose your place.
Mouse Buffer means you don't lose your pointer when using applications Side by Side. SuperNova's unique mouse buffer means the pointer only moves on to a different screen when you insist. Switch monitors with a hotkey, or set your own resistance level to determine how hard you have to push the pointer against the edge to move it to the next screen.
Presentation Mode is made for Microsoft PowerPoint. You can have your speaker notes magnified on your laptop while your sighted audience sees your slides original size via a projector or large screen just as you intended.
Cloning options are available for a variety of teaching, training or collaboration scenarios. Clone with Standard view shows an unmagnified copy of any application on a second screen so trainers who are partially sighted can work seamlessly with clients who are fully sighted. Clone magnifies the same content on multiple screens so several colleagues who are partially sighted can collaborate on the same application.
Span is for when you want to simulate having one huge screen stretching your application across several monitors.
Back to Top
Students at all stages of their education, whatever level of visual impairment, gain complete access to learning materials with SuperNova. Course notes, essays and revision are clearly magnified, spoken with high quality voices and accurately translated to literary Braille. Lecture slides, hand-outs and feedback produced electronically can be read by students with vision impairments using their ideal combination of magnification and Braille.
Students who are partially sighted or blind excel at schools and colleges where libraries and labs make their computers accessible with SuperNova. Assessors, special educational needs coordinators and tutors can be confident that however much the student's eyesight changes, SuperNova support and training is available throughout education and beyond.
Reading with SuperNova
- For students with usable vision - SuperNova smoothly magnifies all text and graphics on screen up to 60 times, tricky colors can be replaced, and adjustable pointer size prevents the mouse obscuring text.
- Focus on the most important content with SuperNova's Line View and Doc Reader that reflow text in a custom reading window using your preferred font and colors.
- When reading visually from the screen is not practicable, press one key to have familiar natural sounding voices read documents out loud using speakers or headphones. SuperNova includes thousands of speech exceptions to correct commonly mispronounced words, and the widest range of voice settings customize: speed, pitch and intonation to suit each student's learning style.
- Gain a deeper awareness of spelling punctuation and layout using literary Braille support, including the latest Unified English Braille Codes. Choose which buttons on your Braille display move forward and back through text. Sighted teaching assistance can follow along with Braille shown on screen.
- Research on the web from the keyboard is easy with SuperNova. You can cursor around the screen with the Dolphin Cursor, list and sort page elements with the item finder, jump instantly to controls headings and tables with SuperNova's Quick Navigation hotkeys.
- International students and those studying languages benefit from localized versions of SuperNova including multilingual speech output and dozens of Braille translation tables.
- Types of file widely used in education including: Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint Presentations, PDF and web pages, are magnified spoken and Brailled by SuperNova.
- Symbols used in technical subjects like science, math, linguistics and music are announced as standard by SuperNova.
Writing with SuperNova
- At a glance see the position in your document. As you type SuperNova tracks and highlights the cursor continually.
- Hand in beautifully formatted assignments. SuperNova's text style options can automatically speak and Braille: bold, italics, underline, headings, table dimensions, spelling and grammar errors.
- Appreciate the physical layout of documents and quickly review your spelling and punctuation using Braille. Plus you can reduce the amount hands move between the Braille display and QWERTY keyboard with literary braille input. SuperNova accurately back-translates Your Braille to text that appears directly in your coursework.
- Students relying on speech can use application settings to have each situation read appropriately. For example a computer science student may need to hear all punctuation announced when working with computer code, but while using Facebook to arrange an end of term night out less punctuation is probably more appropriate.
- Many exam boards and institutions allow students, who are partially sighted or blind, to use SuperNova while taking exams.
- Free major upgrades
Individuals/home users get 2 major upgrades.
Organizations receive upgrades for the duration of the agreement.
- Unlimited minor updates for immediate access to important bug fixes
- Priority product support via email or telephone (with a dedicated phone number exclusive to SMA owners)
- Remote access support
- Access to web resources
SMA must be purchased at the same time the software is purchased.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.