Ages: 5-0 through 15-11
Testing time: 15 - 20 minutes
Narration is an important aspect of spoken language, not usually measured by oral-language tests, that provides a critical foundation for literacy.
The TNL-2 enables clinicians to assess important aspects of narrative language without having to transcribe children’s stories, saving hours of transcription time, and providing a valid and reliable metric of narrative language development.
The TNL-2 is a natural complement to other standardized tests that use contrived formats to assess components of oral language, and it is especially useful for diagnosing language-based learning disabilities.
- Functional assessment of narrative comprehension and narrative production
- Dynamic assessment in which comprehension and production tasks are alternated so children have the opportunity to profit from adult narrative models
- Measure of the ability to comprehend and produce three types of stories: a script, a personal narrative, and a fictional narrative
- System for scoring oral narratives that does not require clinicians to transcribe the stories
- Normative test with clear, well-organized norms tables and administration procedures, as well as an easy-to-use record form and
- Fair and equitable assessment of narrative discourse for all children
The test has been improved in three major ways: (1) new, more colorful pictures, (2) more inferential comprehension questions, and (3) a consistent scoring format. The McDonald’s story retelling now has a picture that supports it, so that all the comprehension and production tasks have the same visual support. The pictures were revised to make them more colorful and interesting to children. The number of items on the comprehension tasks was increased, with more inferential items; more items for the youngest, low-functioning examinees; and more items for the oldest, high-functioning examinees. The scoring system for the oral narratives is now similar across the three types of stories. These changes make the TNL easier to score and more reliable. The reliability and validity chapters have been expanded.
Complete kit includes Examiner’s Manual, Picture Book, and 25 Examiner Record Booklets, all in a sturdy box.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.