Ages: 6-0 to 18-11
Testing time: 45 to 60 minutes
Evaluates social communication in context, telling you how well students listen, choose appropriate content, express feelings, make requests, and handle other aspects of pragmatic language.
Allows assessing the effectiveness and appropriateness of a student’s pragmatic language skills with six core tests:
- Physical setting
- Purpose (speech acts)
- Visual-gestural cues
This updated edition addresses reviewers’ concerns with the previous edition, adding and improving on important components such as:
- Pragmatic Evaluation — focuses on a student’s ability to monitor and appraise the effectiveness of the response to resolve the social problem situation.
- Detailed IEP’s — addresses students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, behavior problems, Asperger’s Spectrum Disorders, language impairments, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders, and Depression and Anxiety Disorders. Includes goals, objectives, and progress monitoring.
- Clinical Interpretive Framework — allows the test user to see at a glance which components of the model are relevant to each item.
- Extended Norms — provides an assessment for all school-aged students up to age 18-11, allowing older students to benefit from an assessment of pragmatic language. Examines further the relationship between behavioral problems and pragmatic difficulties.
- Color Picture Prompts — aids in evaluation, clarity, and student interest in an easy to use easel-back format. Picture content has also been updated to reflect more accurately the environment of children and adolescents.
- Verbal Prompts — reflects more accurately the environment of children and adolescents.
- Comprehensive Scoring Guideline — indicates the components that each response measures, with multiple correct/incorrect response samples.
Complete kit Includes Examiner’s Manual, Picture Book, 25 Examiner Record Booklets for ages 6-7, 25 Examiner Record Booklets for ages 8-18, all in a sturdy storage box.
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.