The VIP Series digital thermostat provide audio playback of day, time, indoor temperature, temperature setting and programming instructions so blind and visually impaired users can precisely and easily manage their indoor comfort.
Yes, the VIP "talks" to you! When you press the day/time, weekend or weekday schedule buttons, you are voice prompted to enter the correct settings.
VIP 3000 Series - offers heating and cooling control for heat pump systems. The VIP Series replaces most 2, 3, 4 and 5 wire analog and digital thermostats including the very popular "round" model.
The VIP Series Talking Thermostats combine the latest technology to promote independent living with its verbal setup instructions and verbal announcements of the day, time, room temperature and temperature setting. The VIP is truly a "talking" thermostat that was designed to provide a comfort solution, and energy management for senior citizens and persons who are blind, visually impaired or disabled.
In addition to the verbal instructions mentioned above, a CD with complete instructions to operate the VIP is included with each thermostat. These instructions are in MP3 and Wave file format and can be listened to using a CD player or computer. A text file is also included that can be listened to using JAWS or any other text to speech software.
The VIP is a single zone battery powered thermostat that can be setup for either programmable (night setback) or non-programmable (manual) operation depending on the application. In the programmable mode, the VIP functions as a setback thermostat with 5+2 programming. Five plus two programming means that Monday through Friday, there are four separate programs per 24 hour period, wake, day, evening and sleep. Four different programs can be entered to suit your weekend schedule. In the non-programmable mode, all automatic setback functions are disabled and the VIP functions as a manual talking thermostat.
The VIP also has built in freeze protection. In the event the indoor temperature drops to 40 degrees due the thermostat being turned off or inoperative, your heating system will automatically be turned on.
- Very User Friendly - built in voice instructions guides the user in setting the day, time, weekly and weekend temperature settings
- Built in Loud Speaker - announces the current day, time, room temperature, set point and programming instructions when the appropriate button is pressed.
- Push button Convenience - easy to use control panel, receive voice confirmation after each button press
- Arm chair programming - program your VIP before mounting to the wall
- Program Choice - programmable 5+2 setback schedule or non-programmable mode
- Multiple programs - up to four time and temperature settings per weekday and separate weekend settings in the 5+2 programmable setback mode
- Two Models - VIP 1000 Series for conventional heating and cooling systems and VIP 2000 Series for heat pump systems
- Easy installation - can directly replace most 2, 3, 4 and 5 wire analog and digital thermostats
- Freeze protection - turns on heating system at 40 degrees if thermostat is off or is inoperative
- Memory Backup - assures that all programmed data will be retained in the event of a power failure
- Low Battery Alarm - announces when the battery is low
- LCD Display - for the sighted person, up to the second visual display of time, temperature, and system status in addition to voice announcements
- Does not require additional setup by a sighted person
- A superior product with a proven track record
- Product reliability which carries a LIFETIME Warranty
- Audio compact disc with complete button navigation and operating instructions
- Large Print format of operating instructions• Users Guide with technical information
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.