The SpeakQ software combines the benefits of WordQ with simple, speech-to-text or voice recognition functionality. SpeakQ is for those who cannot use other speech recognition products because they cannot fluently dictate at a fast rate, remember verbal commands, and/or get through training. See the "Tips" tab for m more information on how SpeakQ can help with learning.
At any time you have the choice of typing with the keyboard, using word prediction, or speaking straight into your text. Speech recognition and word prediction are integrated to enhance the effectiveness of each other.
In addition to the features and benefits offered by WordQ, the WordQ+SpeakQ combo helps you express what you want to communicate better:
- WordQ lets you type the words you know and SpeakQ lets you use voice-to-text to say the ones you don’t, from single words to entire paragraphs
- Offers suggestions for words you have difficulty pronouncing
- Train voice recognition function to understand your voice with no reading required
- Allows you to mix typing and speaking for best results
- No voice commands to remember
WordQ’s word prediction and spoken feedback offers writing support that is invisible by design. Within minutes of getting started, you can prevent, find and fix your own mistakes. There’s no criticism and no pressure, so writing can actually be enjoyable.
This writing support tool features word prediction and spoken feedback that ‘floats’ on top of applications as a companion tool. Works with all commonly used programs like Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, Notepad, Outlook, GMail, Yahoo! Mail, browsers and more. With its invisible by design toolbar, WordQ helps you write better with fewer mistakes. It offers you the support you need only when you need it, instead of distracting you with features and functions you aren’t using.
WordQ is primarily a writing tool, but it can also assist with reading. Anywhere that text can be selected, you can hear it read aloud. This applies to popular programs like Facebook and Twitter, emails or any favorite website. It is also ideal for work and school-related tasks where reading and writing is required. By making sense of the words in front of you, listening, reading and writing skills are being developed at the same time.
New in WordQ 4
- Exam mode: gives you the ability to turn off features for a set amount of time. All the power of WordQ’s basic accessibility features are now in a safe and equitable environment. Simply set this mode for an extended period of time to ensure learners receive the assistance they need during test time.
- Advanced word prediction: dictionaries, averaging less than 2 keystrokes to predict contextually relevant next words. For example: In word processors such as MSWord, OpenOffice, LibreOffice or Pages, you can use WordQ’s word prediction and speech feedback to find/hear adjectives that describe your skills on a resume.
- Simplified pronunciation editor: enables you to modify the pronunciation of any word that is spoken using text-to-speech. You can now easily modify the pronunciation of any word by sounding out how the word sounds rather than knowing the proper phonetic code. Use this for atypical words or even speaking out SMS messages.
- Topic list extraction tool: use this tool to build relevant topic lists. Easily extract new words from large pieces of text and import into WordQ’s My Words. Simply copy any outside text to the clipboard and use this tool to add or remove words into your everyday dictionary, which also automatically creates a topic list.
- Creative spelling prediction: includes hyphenated words and words that are predicted after a hyphen.
- Windows 10, 8, 7 (32/64 bit)
- 1 GHz or higher processor speed
- 2 GB RAM or more preferred
- 1 GB hard disk space
- DVD drive for installation
- Speakers and microphone or headset
- Internet connection is required to verify the serial number during installation.
WordQ must be installed before installing SpeakQ (Speech recognition only recognizes the native language of your operating system, unless you download language packs for Windows 7, 8, 10 Ultimate/Business from Microsoft's site.)
Software Return Policy:
In keeping with software industry standards, we will gladly accept returns of packaged software within 30 days of purchase in an unopened package only. Software that is purchased as a download is considered opened at the time of purchase.
Software that has been opened or purchased as a download may only be replaced with identical software / media within 30 days if the originally purchased software is defective.
Learn how WordQ can help improve writing, composition and editing skills while combatting dyslexia and relieving repetitive stress injuries and arthritis when used in combination with the SpeakQ Voice Recognition Add-On Software.
SpeakQ plugs into WordQ and adds simple speech recognition. Conventional speech recognition systems are designed primarily as a productivity tool for persons who have no trouble writing (and dictating) or as an alternative hands-free access tool for persons with physical disabilities. WordQ/SpeakQ, on the other hand, is for those who can type but who have trouble writing and reading in the first place. They can benefit from a combination of word prediction, speech output and speech input to generate text when stuck with spelling and word forms, identifying errors, proofreading and editing. Such users may find it difficult or impossible to use other speech recognition products because of reading demands and complexity.
SpeakQ features a simple training interface where the computer prompts you by voice what to say. You can then dictate directly into any document or dictate into WordQ’s prediction list. Your speech is combined with the word prediction. To keep it simple, there are no verbal commands. You only dictate text. Teachers in special education will appreciate its simplicity.
SpeakQ supports two styles of dictation. Like other speech recognition products, it allows users to dictate text directly into their documents. In addition, it also supports a style of dictation that is unique to SpeakQ. This approach uses word prediction capabilities and introduces a concept we call “speech-enabled word prediction”. In effect, spoken words are displayed as a list of choices enhanced by word predictions. Users select from the list of words, or type letters to further refine their choices. By using this approach, not only can students control the words that are entered into their documents as they speak, but they can also improve the accuracy of the words. Consequently, they can spend less time correcting recognition errors, and more time on the real task of writing.
For example, with Kidspiration: Younger students can make use of the Mic button in SpeakQ for simple speech-to-text. Use SpeakQ in speak and select or speak continuously mode, to communicate knowledge accurately.
With Inspiration: WordQ+SpeakQ can be used with visual learning software, such as Inspiration, to enhance the content of a visual diagram. Topic lists, word prediction, speech feedback and simple speech-to-text are integrated to give meaning to images.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
We deliver an unparalleled customer experience so you can support the health of your students to enable them to learn and perform to the best of their abilities.